La Jolla is a melting pot of cultures from all over the world! You can find just about every type of cuisine to fit any palette or preference. Take a look at some of our favorite spots around town for all occasions and the best La Jolla dining experiences!
la jolla Dining: Fine Dining and Drinks
George’s at the Cove
- George’s at the Cove, three beautiful levels with different menus by renowned chef Trey Foshee, ocean views and a trendy rooftop bar, not only one of the best La Jolla dining experiences, but George’s was also voted San Diego’s best!
- For gourmet seafood with global inspiration, plus signature cocktails and panoramic window views of the ocean.
- For market-fresh seafood, happy hour and intimate patio on the cliffs for a romantic La Jolla dining experience.
- For elegant Hawaiian inspired cuisine and island drinks, overlooking The Cove.
Eddie V’s Prime Seafood
- Fine-dining chain with a seafood & steak menu, plus a cocktail lounge featuring live jazz, overlooking The Cove for the ultimate coastal steakhouse dining.
Donovan’s Steak and Chop House
- For known for top-shelf meats, martinis and desserts in a dim, sophisticated setting.
For a romantic fine dining experience where the waves literally crash against your table.
Whisk and Ladle
For innovative, artisanal bites and craft cocktails in a cozy, cool, outdoor bistro setting in The Village
Prep Kitchen La Jolla
- For tapas, meats and craft drinks at this cozy and casual eatery.
- For coastal Italian food, gourmet appetizers and a swanky rooftop bar.
Isola Pizza Bar
- For authentic Italian pizzas, pastas and happy hour.
For Italian trattoria with an open kitchen and pizzas from a stone-hearth oven in The Shores.
For sushi in The Village.
For Chinese food and festive volcano drinks.
Verdes El Ranchero
- Brightly painted bar and eatery specializing in traditional Mexican fare and margaritas.
- For Californian cuisine & craft cocktails, plus occasional live music, great for a night out.
- In The Village for Mexican artisanal takes on tacos, bowls and salads, craft cocktails and margaritas.
- For swanky Vegas style lounge and live music entertainment.
- California wine tasting, olive oil sampling, gourmet appetizers and picture-esque patio overlooking The Cove and palm trees.
- Inventive takes on seasonal cuisine amongst chic, contemporary decor in the Grande Colonial Hotel, also known for one of the best burgers around!
- “The Med” for Inspired Californian-Mediterranean dishes and Sunday brunch buffet in the La Valencia Hotel. “Cafe La Roux” in La Valencia for European inspired dishes with a chic open patio and live music nightly
La Jolla Dining: Casual Dining/Drinks
The Shack Bar and Grill
- Beachy sports bar for great beach burgers, bar food, and playing pool.
El Pescador Fish Market
- Fresh fish and seafood, great fish sandwiches, salads, burritos
The Taco Stand
- Where there is always a line out the door for their Mexican street tacos
- Located in The Shores for fish tacos, Mexican fare and a large tequila selection
Bahia Don Bravos
- Taco shop with great margaritas
- Healthy, vegan, gluten-free options
- For Irish-style pub and eatery serving breakfast, bar bites, burgers and more.
- In The Village for delicious comfort food, hearty portions in a traditional pub setting.
Bird Rock Coffee Roasters
- Award winning coffee in the heart of Bird Rock, with easy walkability
The Living Room
- in The Village for a comfortable, middle eastern style lounge
Brick and Bell
in The Village for a quaint cottage-style coffee shop with yummy scones
Wheat and Water
- Although, open for brunch lunch and dinner opens for just coffee at 7am with specialties such as Nitro cold brew
Breakfast / Lunch
Harry’s Coffee Shop
- A local favorite since 1960 for old school diner-style breakfast food
- For California brunch menu and drinks. Try a “Don’t you Judge Me” if you’re trying to get your “Sunday Funday” on
- American cuisine by the beach in La Jolla Shores
Shore House Kitchen
- Casual, beach side brunch with healthy options and great coffee drinks
- Happening casual but classy brunch and dinner spot revered for its French toast and patio views of The Cove.
Sugar and Scribe
- Delicious Baked goods and light to-go lunches
- For homestyle cooking, salads, baked goods, soups and lunch specials